Free School Meals
Universal Infant Free School Meals:
From September 2014 all infant aged children are entitled to a free school meal.
Parents do not have to apply for the free meals, but it would help with our budget if parents who think they may meet the criteria for free meals for older children still completed an application form for free meals. A large proportion of our budget is allocated based on the percentage of children eligible for free school meals.
Do I qualify for Benefits Related Free School Meals?
Your child qualifies for benefits related free school meals if you are getting one of the following support payments:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credits (but NOT Working Tax Credit), and your annual income is no more than £16,105.
- Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit element only)
Children must be in education before and after lunch to qualify for free school meals.
How do I claim Free Schools Meals for my child?
If your child qualifies for free school meals, download and complete the Free School Meal Application Form, and send it back to Derby City Council, at the address on the form.